BFC – 6 6% AFFF Aqueous Film Forming Foam
Buckeye 6% AFFF is an advanced, totally synthetic, Earth Friendly, aqueous film forming foam concentrate. A vapor suppressing aqueous film is formed by the foam solution draining from the expanded foam blanket. It is intended for use at a proportioning rate of 6% (6 parts AFFF concentrate to 94 parts water) on Class B Hydrocarbon type fuels such as gasoline, kerosene and diesel. Buckeye 6% AFFF is not intended for use on fuels which are polar solvent/water miscible such as alcohols, ketones and esters.
- ULC Listed.
- Suitable for use with either fresh or salt water. Excellent wetting characteristics when used in combating Class A fires.
- Suitable for use with both air-aspirating foam and standard water fog nozzles.
- Suitable for use with Deluge or Closed-Head Foam Water Sprinkler systems.
- If inadvertently frozen, thawing will render product completely serviceable again.
- Suitable for use with carbon steel, fiberglass, polyethylene or stainless steel. Buckeye 6% AFFF is not compatible with galvanized pipe or fittings in an undiluted form. Suitable for use with dry chemical extinguishing agents.
- U.L. recommended application rate on Class B Hydro- carbon type fuels is 0.10/gpm sq. ft. for hoseline and/ or monitor applications