BFC – 3% Low Temp Aqueous Film Forming Foam
The Buckeye 3% AFFF LT is a totally synthetic aqueous film forming foam concentrate for use in cold climates. A vapor suppressing aqueous film is formed by the foam solution draining from the expanded foam blanket. It is intended for use at a proportioning rate of 3% (3 parts AFFF LT concentrate to 97 parts water) on Class B Hydro- carbon type fuels such as gasoline, kerosene and diesel. Buckeye 3% AFFF LT is not intended for use on fuels which are polar solvent/water miscible such as alcohols, ketones and esters.
- U.L. Listed
- Suitable for use with either fresh or salt water.
- Excellent wetting characteristics when used in combating Class A fires.
- Suitable for use with both air-aspirating foam and standard water fog nozzles.
- Suitable for use with Deluge or Closed-Head Foam Water Sprinkler systems.
- If inadvertently frozen, thawing will render product completely serviceable again.
- Suitable for use with carbon steel, fiberglass, polyethylene or stainless steel. Buckeye 3% AFFF LT is not compatible with galvanized pipe or fittings in an undiluted form.
- Suitable for use with dry chemical extinguishing agents.
- U. L. recommended application rate on Class B Hydrocarbon type fuels is 0.10/gpm sq. ft. for hoseline and/or monitor applications.