Buckeye Platinum 1% AFFF is an advanced, totally synthetic, Earth Friendly, aqueous film forming foam concentrate. A vapor suppressing aqueous film is formed by the foam solution draining from the expanded foam blanket. It is intended for use at a proportioning rate of Platinum 1% (1 part AFFF concentrate to 99 parts water) on Class B Hydrocarbon type fuels such as gasoline, kerosene and diesel. Buckeye Platinum 1% AFFF is not intended for use on fuels which are polar solvent/water miscible such as alcohols, ketones and esters.
- ULC Listed and F. M. Approved.
- Suitable for use with either fresh or salt water.
- Excellent wetting characteristics when used in combat- ing Class A type fires.
- Suitable for use with both air-aspirating foam and standard water fog nozzles.
- Suitable for use with Deluge or Closed Head Foam Water Sprinkler systems.
- If inadvertently frozen, thawing will render product completely serviceable again.
- Suitable for use with carbon steel, fiberglass, polyethylene or stainless steel. Buckeye Platinum 1% AFFF is not compatible with galvanized pipe or fittings in an undiluted form.
- Suitable for use with dry chemical extinguishing agents.
- U.L. recommended application rate on Class B Hydrocarbon type fuels is 0.10/gpm sq. ft. for hoseline and/or monitor applications.